Last Updated: 24 February 2017
Collection of Information
Information that you provide.
For persons seeking tutoring services (“Students”): Smart Prep collects the information that you provide directly by registering for or making changes to your personal user account (“Account”), including but not limited to your name, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, gender, university, profile photo, and personal address (“Profile Information”).
For persons providing tutoring services (“Tutors”): in addition to your Profile Information, Smart Prep collects the information that you provide directly by accessing or using the Services as a Tutor. This information includes the hourly rates that you will receive per tutoring service (“Lesson”) that you provide, per course (“Rates”); your banking details; as well as any other information that you choose to provide.
For all persons: Smart Prep collects any information provided by your contacting of Smart Prep at either of the company email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information collected through your use of the Services.
While accessing or using the Services, Smart Prep collects the following information about you:
• Messages: Smart Prep collects information pertaining to any message that you may send or receive using the Smart Prep messaging system, including but not limited to the date and time that the message was sent or received, the subject and content of the message, and the name of the sender or recipient;
• Ratings: Smart Prep collects information relating to Student ratings of the quality of Lessons provided by Tutors;
• Payment: Smart Prep collects information about all payments that are made through the Services, such as the email address of the user making the payment, the payment date, and the payment amount.
Use of Information
Smart Prep may use the information collected about you in the following ways:
• Authentication of users: Smart Prep may use the information collected about you to authenticate your Account and prevent fraud;
• Improvements and maintenance: Smart Prep may use the information collected about you to improve, maintain, and otherwise provide the Services;
• Communications: Smart Prep may use the information collected about you to send communications to you and other users, including but not limited to communications regarding Smart Prep products and news, as well as communications regarding the date, time, and venue of Lessons that have been scheduled through the Services;
• Internal use: Smart Prep may use the information collected about you to analyse access and usage trends with respect to the Services;
• Payment: Smart Prep may use the information collected about you to make payment to you for Lessons that you have provided in your use of the Services.
Sharing of Information
Smart Prep may share the information collected about you in the following ways:
• With other users: Smart Prep may share your information with other users in order to enable the provision of Lessons that have been scheduled using the Services, including but not limited to your name, venue (if applicable), and profile photo;
• With third parties: Smart Prep may share your information with applications and websites with which Smart Prep has integrated via API;
• With law enforcement, government, and other authorities: Smart Prep may share your information with law enforcement, government, or other authorities (i) if Smart Prep is required by law or legal process to do so, (ii) if you breach Smart Prep’s Terms and Conditions, or (iii) to ensure the safety of Smart Prep and other users.